Korean Indie music grabbed the spotlight at KCON 2016 USA presented by Toyota, in Los Angeles. Taking center stage in the middle of the LA Convention center as the crowd gathered, Love X Stereo proved the power of good music as they stole the hearts of K-pop fans. Young Ajummah of MACG Productions was honored with a moment of their coolness as they shared their KCON experience and plans for the future.
Here’s what they said:
- Can you please introduce yourself to people who recently heard you perform but may not know your name?
We’re Love X Stereo. Annie is in charge of vocals and synthesizers, Toby is the producer and he does guitars and synthesizers.
- Tell me about the band name and why you chose it.
Love X Stereo means, love goes both ways. We were listening to The Cardigans’ ‘Love Fool’ back then. We wanted to add the ‘Love’ and mix it with ‘Stereo’ – which came from Toby’s old label ‘Stereo City’. Put an ‘X’ between it – which gives a ‘collaborative’ feeling into it.
- You recently performed at KCON LA as well as SXSW in Texas. What is different playing abroad compared to locally?
Korean audience is more shy and conservative. Very supportive, but in a shy way. Audience overseas are much more active and they express their feeling without fear. Love it when the audience start to dance ☺
- What did it feel like to perform on the Convention Stage during KCON LA?
It was nice to meet our fans in LA. Convention Stage was a bit of a challenge. It was a pretty weird stage, to be honest.
- When are you most inspired to create new music?
We’re inspired by great music, things happening in our daily lives, and stuff on the news.
- Are there any obstacles that you are currently trying to overcome musically?
Not musically, but more about how to cross over boarders. There are many ways to do that, but as a Korean indie artist, it’s really not that easy. We need to try harder every day.
- Are there any plans to visit other cities in America and are there any plans for a world tour?
Not visiting any other cities this time, but we’re trying to do a world tour next year. Help us and support us to make it happen!
- Out of all of your releases, what’s your favorite Love X Stereo song that you would like to recommend to fans and why?
Hide and Seek. It’s been synced for K-drama ‘Cheese in the Trap’, and most of our fans have a soft spot for that song. It’s actually a very special song to us, too.
9. Is there anything you’d like to say to your fans?
Thanks for having us, LA! Check out our social media – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram – and find out more news about our new releases and tours! Our new single will be out soon in August. Also, our very first LP will be released within this year, so don’t miss it! Love You All! ❤
It was an amazing time spent with Love X Stereo. The time flew by with plenty of laughter and smiles. We cannot thank them enough for taking the time to speak with us. We are excited about what the future has in store for them and will continue to look on it in support.